The Mackeys

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Family Bike Ride

Friday afternoon we took advantage of my summer work schedule and went for a family bike ride on a bike trail across town.

We rented a Burley bike trailer, and Bryant towed Allison and David. Charlie and Sarah did great. We rode 8.2 miles and the kids were pretty worn out by the end, especially given the heat of the afternoon.

Allison was disappointed at first when she heard she wasn't going to actually ride her bike, but once she climbed into her chariot she was pleased.

Early in the ride, Sarah and I were chattering as we rode far behind Bryant, Allison, David, and Charlie. Sarah said, "I wonder how the little ones are doing."

"Oh, I'm sure they're enjoying it. As soon as they passed us in that little Burley, both of them yelled to me, 'Mommy, this is so fun!' "

Sarah laughed. "Just thinking about them is cute!"





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home