The Mackeys

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dinner with the Mackeys

Dinnertime chatter from Wednesday evening...

Allison: So what should we talk about?
David: Baseball camp!

Sarah: Mommy, I had art camp today and we did this really cool thing where we took these, um, things, and we kinda like, turned them into these other things. I can't wait for you to come to the art show tomorrow and see all the cool stuff I made.
Allison (interrupting): So what should we talk about?
David: Baseball camp!
Sarah: ... and then after camp we went to see Dr. Barfield - oh and guess what color lollipop I got?
Allison: Guess what color my lollipop was!
Mommy: Red? Blue? Purple? Yellow? Green? Orange? I give up.
Allison and Sarah: Pink!
Sarah: And Charlie and David got green ones. Oh, and Mommy? After we left Dr. Barfield's office ... [continues]
Charlie: Mommy? I'm going to be doing a fantasy baseball league and I already know who I'm going to put in it.
Mommy: Cool!
Daddy: I can help you set that up if you want, Charlie.
Charlie: Thanks. I want to work on it tonight.
Sarah: [still chattering in the background, encouraged by occasional smiles and eye contact from Mommy]
Allison: Mommy, really what should we talk about?
Mommy: You.
Allison (smiling): Me? What about me?
Mommy: I want to hear about your day.
Allison: Well, first of all my fingers were sticky from my lollipop. Second of all, when we got home I washed all the sticky off my hands. And third of all, I didn't have a nap today!
David: I'm going to baseball camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home