The Mackeys

Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to School!

Today was the first day of school. Charlie started third grade, and Sarah started first. They had a great day and are very excited about their teachers and their classes this year.
This weekend, Sarah asked, "Why does everyone keep asking me what I'm going to wear on the first day of school? Like, why does it matter what I wear?"

Yesterday I set out clothes for them, but told them they were only suggestions, and they could decide for themselves what they wanted to wear. Sarah went with my suggestion, but Charlie neatly replaced the outfit I'd laid out, and pulled out a Braves T-shirt.

Me: "So I see you decided to wear something else."

C: "Yeah. What you picked out is really a golf outfit, not a school outfit."

Me:
"Well, I think it would look really handsome for your first day of school."

C: "But Mommy, you don't want to look handsome on your first day of school. You want to look cool."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home