The Mackeys

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Wedding Story

Allison was playing dress-up again, and dressed up like a bride. She wanted me to make sure I got her veil right, then she asked if I would marry her. When I agreed, she made me stand up and dance with her and make her dress twirl.

It made me realize I'd never shown the children our formal wedding album, so I asked Allison if she wanted to see it. She really enjoyed looking at the pictures, and picking out people she knows.

Random Allison comments:

You have a fancy dress on, Mommy!
Oh, look, that's you kissing Daddy.
Look at the pretty flowers!

A: Look, there are the priests.
Me, pointing: Yes. That's my Uncle Eddie.
A, pointing to Father Conor: And that's Daddy's uncle?

Seeing us dance:
You look like you had a good time getting marrried to Daddy!

Seeing me dance with my new father-in-law:
So then you decided to get married to that guy too?

Seeing the group picture:
Mommy, did I come to your wedding?
Me: No. You weren't born yet.
A: Oh. ...So who was taking care of us?
Me: You weren't born.
A: Oh. So the doctors were taking care of us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home