The Mackeys

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Resident Poets

Charlie and Sarah each made up some poetry.

Charlie had a school assignment to write a poem about an odd creature or planet:

The planet had days 15 hours long.
In my head I sang a song.
Then I saw the tiny dude
Whom with I had a great big feud.
"Hey, what is with you?" is what he said.
Then he turned a very dark red!
What happened next, I'm amazed to say:
He turned into a great highway!

Sarah heard that Charlie had written a poem, so she tried her hand:

I met a boy named Max at school.
He said he thinks that school is cool.
I'll never waste another day
Not telling him what I have to say.

Charlie then decided to torment his sister by devising an alternate interpretation to Sarah's subject matter:

You know a boy named Max at school.
He said he thinks that school is cool.
I cannot wait to tell him that
I think he's a great big fool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home