The Mackeys

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Sporting Mind

Our friends the Alisches are coming over for the Super Bowl, and Charlie was reminiscing about other Super Bowls we've watched with them. I told him I didn't remember specifically that those were Super Bowls, and that I don't have a very good memory for sporting events.

He said, "Well, I bet you do for the ones that are important to you. Like what a Boston team did in 2004 that they hadn't done in 86 years?"

"Well, I know that they won the World Series, and I probably could have told you that it was 2004. But Daddy could tell you all the details, like whether Game 6 was home or away, and where each of us was sitting, and who got the last out."

Charlie looked at me patiently and said, "Mommy, that's impossible. There was no Game 6. The Red Sox swept them."


Like father, like son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home