The Mackeys

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Missing Miss Melanie

Melanie was Ally's Maid of Honor. Allison Mackey grew quite fond of her, and at the wedding said to me, "Look. There's my new best friend!"

****

Allison, last week, while sitting on the couch: What is Melanie doing?
me: Melanie?
Allison: Yes.
me: You mean Auntie Ally's friend Melanie?
Allison: And she's my friend!
me: Right. Well, she lives in New York. So I guess that's what she's doing.
Allison: Oh.


***

Tonight, at bedtime, on the eve of Allison's third birthday:
Me: When you wake up, you're going to be three!
Allison: I'm so exciting!
Me: And three is big.
Allison: Berry berry big!
Me: Do you know how three-year-olds act?
Allison: Happy.
Me: Good. What else?
Allison: Polite.
Me: Right. What else?
Allison: Um, be friendly?
Me: That's right. And what else do they do?
Allison: Dance with their friends Melanies.


So Melanie ... if you're out there ... your little friend Allison is thinking about you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home