The Mackeys

Thursday, April 23, 2009

You Call That An Adventure?

Dinnertime conversation:

Sarah: Guess what! Daddy signed me and Charlie up for camp again this year! I can't wait!

Me: Terrific! I know you'll have fun.

Allison: Am I old enough to go to camp this year?

Me: No, but you're going to have a special vacation too. Gran Gran invited you to come visit her when church camp is going on. Won't that be great?

Allison: Yeah! And last year when I visited her guess what: we saw "Kit Kittridge"! And we got to go on these rides that went up in the air!

David: Am I going to visit Gran Gran too?

Me: No, but want to know what you're doing for your special vacation? Daddy is taking you to visit cousin Rowan and baby Sam! And you're going to go on an airplane to visit them!

D: Cool!

Me: Yeah, you're going to have a great trip with Daddy.

D: (Pause) But how will I get out of the airplane up in the sky? Will I have a parachute?!

Me: No, honey, you're not going sky-diving. The pilot will land the plane and everyone will get off on the ground.

D: Oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home