The Mackeys

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Adoration of Taylor Swift

Allison, a few months ago: Daddy, is Taylor Swift a teenager?
Bryant: Yes.
A: Then can you call her to baby-sit us sometime?


Tonight when I came home she was sitting in a chair by the iPod speakers listening to Taylor Swift songs and singing every word to most of them.
A: I love Taylor Swift!
Me: I know you do.
A: I mean, I love her more than anybody else in the world!
Me: I'm not so sure about that. What about her mom?
A: Well, OK, maybe not more than her mom. But probably a little bit more than her dad... No, maybe not more than anyone in her family ... No, I think I do love her even more than her family. Even more than her mom and dad.
Me: Wow. That's a lot.

5 minutes later...
A: Do you think if I was a country music singer that I'd know Taylor Swift AND Miley Cyrus?
Me: Yeah, I guess you would.
A: Wow, that's cool.

1 minute later ...
A: But do you think by the time I'm a singer they'd be grown-ups already?
Me: No. ... Well, maybe. ... Actually they're both pretty young. ... But yeah, by the time you're a singer I guess they'd be grown-ups.
A: Yeah, that's what I thought.

5 minutes later, during "Love Story"...
A: Do you think this song has music in it?
Me: Music? Yeah. Can't you hear it?
A: Well in the video they don't show any music, I just see her.
Me: No, there's music playing.

5 minutes later ...
A: I love Taylor Swift. I want to marry her.
Sarah walked into the room: You can't marry her. You're a girl.
A: So? Cole has two mommies!
S: Cole has two mommies?
A: Yes. Cole has two mommies and no dad, so I could marry Taylor Swift.
S: Well then she's too old for you. She'd be the grandma while you'd be the mom.
A: She's not that much older.
Me: Allison, you can't marry Taylor Swift.
A: Oh, all right.

The six of us are going to the Taylor Swift/Keith Urban concert in June. So I think my little girl is going to be the one holding a "Marry me, Taylor Swift!" sign.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Allison could become a comedian when she grows up.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Allison... that girl... she is too much... I love it!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home