The Mackeys

Friday, July 13, 2007

17 Stitches

On the Sunday before the Fourth of July, Allison tired of jumping off the diving board and decided to see what it would be like to jump off the pool wall facing backwards. Needless to say, it did not work out as planned.

She was a real trooper throughout the whole process, and after the initial dismay of learning that we had to leave the pool to see a doctor, she didn't shed a tear. In fact, she was thrilled when the ER doctor gave her a popsicle.

A few hours and 17 stitches later, on the way home from the Emergency Room, I called my mother. After I hung up, Allison and I chatted in the car.

Me: I just wanted to tell Granny you're all right.
A: All right from what?
Me: From your boo boo!
A: What boo boo?

Later, I was asking Allison about the jumping backwards. She said, "We're all done with that!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home