The Mackeys

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Spirit of the Season

By far the most enjoyable experience of the Christmas season so far was to take Charlie, Sarah, and Allison shopping for each other.

I went to the toy aisle with each of them one at a time, and they selected three gifts for their siblings. They felt such joy thinking about what the others would want. Then I gave them money and they stood in line alone and purchased their gifts. They each had a bag they carried and kept as a surprise from the others.

Allison was dying to tell the others what she got for them and had a hard time keeping it a secret. On the way home, Charlie said, "It's a lot more exciting to give presents than to get presents, because it's so much fun to keep it a secret!"

Sarah is excited about the present she made for me in school. She told me, "It's quite small, but quite special!" I told her that's my favorite kind of gift!

When we got home, I spent time individually with each of them wrapping their presents, then they put them under the tree. Charlie said, "I couldn't wait for Christmas before, but now I really can't wait!"

My heart is full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home