The Mackeys

Friday, December 08, 2006

Gag Me With A Spoon

Bryant, Allison, David and I all went in to Charlie and Sarah's school today for a holiday candlelight lunch. Allison and I were waiting in the hallway outside the cafeteria for the class to arrive. She was dressed adorably and was being very sweet. As we waited, an elegant, well-dressed woman, clearly somebody's grandmother, came out of the cafeteria. As she approached, she looked at the sweet and lovely Allison and smiled at me, and my heart swelled with maternal pride. I only vaguely noticed that Allison was starting to make some weird fake coughing noise. As the elegant woman stepped directly in front of us, my beautiful Allison looked up at me and announced with perfect clarity, "Mommy, I'm pretending to throw up!" Mrs. Elegant's smile vanished. And so did mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home