The Mackeys

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to David

David came home from Portland on the night of his birthday - but he still had enough energy to have a little party with his family.

Here he is opening presents
Where does it say you must give the birthday boy bunny ears?? It must be in the kid manual, right next to the part about screaming "Eat More Chicken" during the happy birthday song.
David opens another cool gift
Then we take him upstairs and let him unwrap the gift from us: an aquarium!! I did some reading about it and learned you have to get it all set up and stabilize the water first, before you can put any fish in there. In fact, I hadn't quite gotten the filter figured out, so there wasn't water in there yet either. But David was very excited.
Look at me! I'm four!
He made his birthday wish out loud: "I wish I can get some fish to go in my new fish tank!" Well yes, David, that is the point. And no, that's not too much to ask. After the tank was established, we got 3 fish who thankfully seem to be quite hardy and can live with variation in tank temperature, water level, and frequency or timing of their fishy food. David named them Joe, Bro, and No. Or maybe Coe, Roe, and Bo. I can't keep it straight, or else he keeps changing them. D'oh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home