The Mackeys

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Team 25

On Sundays, the kids have a clean-up routine in the playroom. We call it Team 25. Each child picks up 25 things and puts them away. I time them on my watch, but the grown ups stay upstairs. They come get us when they are all done and the grown-ups do the inspection. When we're all done, we put our hands in the middle like a sports team and yell "Twenty-five!" The cheer is their favorite part, and usually we do it a few times.

Today it took a long time for them to clean up, so the children and I were brainstorming ways for them to finish the clean-up faster next time. I was helping draw out ideas but was trying to keep it very kid-led: they can do it their way, in their time, without parent interference. I made a point to that effect, and Charlie said, "Hey! Can I be the President?"

Sarah immediately jumped in. "Can I be the Vice President?"

Allison: "Can I be the Princess?"

David looked up. Sarah said, "David, what do you want to be? Want to be the Prince?"

David: "No! I'm the Grinch!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home