The Mackeys

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All About David

David was enjoying a popsicle outside this evening after dinner, and got really excited when he looked up at the sky and pointed at the moon.
"Ball! Ball! Ball!"
Me: "Moon."
David, still pointing to the moon: "Ball, Mommy! I see ball!"
Me: "No, moon."
David: "Balloon! Balloon!"
Me: "No, sweetie, moon!"
David: "Moon!"
5 minutes later, David looked at the sky: "I see ball! Ball! Ball!"

We went upstairs to change him into pajamas for bed. He was laughing and saying over and over, "Nana nana boo boo, I see you!" He also enjoys tickling me every time I change him - he reaches over, pulls up the side of my shirt, tickles my stomach, and cracks up.

Any time we put his food on his high chair tray before the utensils, he will yell excitedly, "I need spoon now!" When we give him a look, he'll stop and smile and say in a very sweet voice, "Please?"

He is extremely affectionate and very much wants to please us. He gets very sad when we express any disapproval. If I say "no" firmly, he will burst into tears, hug my legs, and say, "I love you, Mommy!" He also does that when he is happy: just smile and hug us and say, "I love you, Mommy!" and "I love you, Daddy!" He does this to Charlie, Sarah, and Allison too. In fact, whenever I say to David, "You're cute," he says, "Charlie's cute too!"

Friday night when we were driving home from dinner, David started singing Maybe (from "Annie") to himself in the car. It occurred to me that this is probably not typical 21-month-old behavior, unless the 21-month-old happens to have Sarah and Allison for older sisters!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home